LINK Cards and WIC/Senior Benefit Vouchers are accepted at the market. Double Value tokens up to $10 per market day are also available, while funding lasts. Our Information Stand in the center of the Square can accept LINK cards in exchange for tokens which can be used as payment for all vendors offering food.
So if you purchase $10 in tokens from your Link card, we will give you an extra $10 in tokens through our LINK Plus program.
Interactive Tools from Johnny's Selected Seeds - www.johnnyseeds.com
- Seed Calculator: This tool figures the number of seeds or plants you need for a given amount of space.
- Target Harvest Date Calculator: Use this tool to determine how many crops you might have by a user-defined target date for important event. (.xls spreadsheet file)
- Fall-planting Calculator: This spreadsheet calculator works backward from your first frost date to determine the date to start seeds for crops that will mature as it gets cold. (.xls spreadsheet file)
- Seed-starting Date Calculator: This tool figures the dates when it's safe to plant outside, based on the frost-free date that you specify.
- Caterpillar Tunnel Worksheet: This spreadsheet will help you determine costs to build a high tunnel at a given length using Johnny's recommended materials. (.xls spreadsheet file)
- Succession Planting Calculator: This spreadsheet calculator allows you to input the date of your first planting of each crop, then it calculates the dates for later plantings. It also allows you to input your first frost date, counting back the appropriate number of days to determine the last date to plant and still get a crop before frost. (.xls spreadsheet file)
- Growers Library: Download helpful product information files, manuals, charts, growing guides, and more from our Growers Library.
- Flower Growing Guide: This .pdf chart is designed to help you select the best flowers for your situation. Chart includes application, germination time, transplant information, days to harvest, and helpful growing information.
- Herb Growing Guide: This .pdf chart will help you plan your herb growing strategy. The chart includes germination time, transplant information, and days to harvest.
USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map - http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html
Mother Earth News - http://www.motherearthnews.com/
University of Illinois Extension - http://web.extension.uiuc.edu/mchenry/
Learn more about the plants and their problems in your yard and garden.
Gardening Tips and Techniques from University of Illinois Extension
A guide for growing, harvesting, and exhibiting vegetables.
A directory of more than 140 different Illinois wildflowers
Find the right tree for your home landscape at Selecting Trees for Your Home.
A guide for choosing a container, selecting soil mixes, choosing and combining plants, fertilizing, watering and grooming basics.
Learn how to design and maintain a perennial garden that will delight you with seasonal beauty year after year.
Everything you ever wanted to know about groundcovers including a directory of 35 different groundcovers.
Learn about common vegetable insect pests and diseases.
- Hort Answers