Anyone approved to receive cash assistance or SNAP (Food Stamps) benefits will be issued an Illinois Link card. The Illinois Link card is a plastic card that looks and works like a debit card. This card is accepted for certain purchases at the Market.
What You Can Buy with LINK
LINK benefits CAN buy foods for you and your household to eat, such as:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meats & poultry
- Dairy products
- Breads and cereals
LINK may also be used to buy seeds and plants, which produce food for you and your household to eat.
LINK benefits CANNOT buy:
- Beer, wine, liquor
- Any nonfood items such as: pet foods, soaps, paper products and household supplies
- Vitamins and medicines
- Prepared food that will be eaten at the market
- Hot foods
Instructions for Using LINK
1) Go to the Information Booth
2) Use your LINK card to obtain tokens in $1, $5 & $10 amounts
3) Present your tokens to the vendors to purchase food or food producing plants
LINK Plus Bonus Program!
LINK card users may receive up to $5 in bonus tokens at each Woodstock Farmers Market when you use your LINK card to buy food and food plants at the market. Visit the information tent located outside of the Square near the west entrance for details. The LINK Plus Bonus Program was made available through a grant from LINK Up Illinois, a program of Experimental Station in partnership with Wholesome Wave and the Illinois Farmers Market Network.